Hey! Sorry I haven't been writing much. We've been busy a lot and Elder XX's a great big ween. He's been out all of 4 more months than I have. I do respect that fact that he has got more experience than I do, but what he doesn't have is a code of ethics or even manners. What a putz! He follows the mission guidelines far less than I do, he complains about EVERYTHING, he's got no respect for anything - including himself - and he acts like I don't know jack (which is false because Jack's my grandad) because I haven't been out as long. I'll say one thing I've made more progress in the last two weeks than he has his entire mission. A real pain. But I know if I keep doing what I'm doing, it'll all work out. Elder Olivas and I are - all things considered - on most excellent terms. I think the resolution came from the both of us giving in a little. He's laid off my case a bit and I'm shaping up, better adhering to the rules, which is something I really like doing actually! Borderline blasphemy, I know, but it really pays more to be obedient than to not be. For one, I get along better with my companion. And then I feel better about myself! The biggest thing though is since I've filled in the gap there and put the Man upstairs as my number one priority, he's come through. Since I'm doing what He wants me to do, He's a little more chill in helping me with the things I want... It dawned on me this morning that I really think I'm beginning to grow up.
Freakin' sweet! I miss Bryant. It was funny how Elder Huston and I had that connection. Speaking of which, he's gone home. He took off last transfer. He told me it was for medical reasons, which I don't doubt, but I think he knows he's not ready for this. But a Payless in the Dominican Republic you say? Intriguing! Man that's a weird word... almost as weird as 11 cavities. On the up and up, it looks like they're keeping him fed well!
I am well! I printed off your last letter and began to reply with a hand-written letter but then was sidetracked. I'll be sending that tonight or tomorrow morning. I did get the Lexapro and the pictures - freakin' trick! I miss you guys and it looks like Vernal is a riot - and thanks for sending that check. It'll be nice to get that outa the way.
I will write Gramma and Grampa a letter tonight. (don't tell anyone but when I read that I almost started to choke up...) Thank you.
My monthly budget? I am! It is most goodly. I'm still no Rich Dad Poor Dad money manager but I get a little better every month. But yes it is all working out ok. There are pantloads of fastfood joints here and yes, gift cards would be wonderful. How'd you find out about my affection for Jimmy John's? Did I let you in on that love interest? I love that place almost as much I love (a girl that will be anonymous at this point) ...but don't tell anyone.
So Dallin is the bacon-bringer-homer huh? Tell him I'm proud of him. That's awesome! I'm glad he's got that and his Jeep. Holy balls I miss my Jeep... there are SO many here in Boise and they make me super trunky... my oh my, that sounds dirty. I guess if I were to confess that beautiful girls I see get me all kinda trunky too, that wouldn't exactly help my point would it? A Jeep Wrangler and gorgeous brunette... that's dangerous thinking! But maybe it's ok because "Danger" is my middle name.
I'm happy work's going well for D but how's school? Tell him if he gets a XBox I'll have to steal it from him when I get home. And what about Kadi? What kinda shenanigans and haberdasheries are she up to nowadays? The boys like her you say? She's gonna be a heart-breaker for sure, I fear. Those poor unfortunate souls!
I guess we are related! Next time I see him I'll take my pedigree chart - if it's on there - and maybe get a dinner out of it. Small world indeed!
Flaming Gorge? "Dam!" Dahaha I couldn't pass that one up... Mary Vandyke?? Holy balls! interesting how that works. I knew that Suzanne was there and I also know the other waitress there. Brooke. We had a thing going for a while but I kinda jewed it up I think. Every now and again I'll run into someone who knows where Wayne is or knows someone there or did work there or something.
That's awesome dad's got it so sweet up there. Really, what a blessing! Sounds like the job is good and it sounds like Vernal is really the place to be. I look forward to hearing more about it as things progress.
I am working on more pictures and the scripture I want on my plaque is Jacob 6:12. No more than that. No less. I love it's simplicity.
JACOB 6:12 "O be wise; what can I say more?"
And THANK YOU so much for the Book of Mormon you sent! That is more than perfect. It's good to have it. It's easier to pull that out instead of my quad, I've been marking that one up - which is nice because when I see my notes I remember what it's about and how it made me feel and how I can apply it etc. etc. - and it makes life more better.I love you lots and I look forward to hearing from you again soon.
Thank you...
tay

No comments:
Post a Comment