Well what's new? I've resolved this to be my handwriting officially. I can't write in all caps because it looks like balls. I can't write in cursive because it looks like scrambled balls. I can't write in Reformed Egyptian because I don't know it and I doubt you have the Urim and Thummin. The logical option is to write like a middle-schooler. So let if be written. So let is be done.
![]() |
| Halloween Football - Missionary Style |
In my infinite wisdom and knowledge as a skilled emergency medical technician, I volunteered to go with him to the hospital. Poor guy .... I can't remember his first name but his last name is Carson. [the same name of another guy who's my freakin' hero and a super-sized STUD MUFFIN who got his mission call to conquer and enslave the good people of Houston, TX!] He'd returned two weeks prior from finishing his mission in Argentina - I assume with Madonna and Antonio Banderas - as was chillin' with a companionship in my old area.
We got him to the hospital and his mom showed up shortly thereafter. It was nice to see her because there's no one better to comfort and care for a stripling warrior than his mom and also she reminded me of my mom. She said the former Elder Carson is her oldest but if she claimed to be his older sister I'd've believed her. She was shorter and quite beautiful and obviously very sharp, very quick. She had that same look of dignity and control my mom has under pressure and slight worry in her eyes and in her pleasant, calm voice, the same I've seen all too often.
When that was done and dealt with we drove back to the park where I was greeted by a slightly pissed companion and a lecture prepared by my district leader. In my efforts to assist a fellow priesthood-holder, I had ditched my comp and forgot to tell him what I was doing, with whom I was with, and when I'd be back ... My bad. Lesson learned.
Then, my SECOND EMT experience, yesterday when an over-sized tour bus full of English-ignorant Chinamen collided head on with a two-trailer oil tanker on the interstate over a river near an elementary school. I turned on the "fasten seatbelts" and "no smoking" lights and AC/DC's "Thunderstruck" and got to work.
Shortly following that, Elder N and I and three other elders were riding with our beloved friend and chauffeur, Sis. S, to play ball at the mission office when she received a phone call from a friend in her ward - Mountain View, one of my old wards. The night before, her 10 year old son had accidentally taken three Valium pills instead of his regular meds. Yeah. Bad day. We showed up, gave him a blessing, loaded him in the car and sped off to the hospital. She was frantic and so I tried to care for her son the best I could so she could get herself together. Anyway we got them to the hospital, helped them in, and then went along on our merry way. I signed autographs, kissed babies, posed for pictures, authorized monuments to be built in my honor, was given a key to the city and played basketball.
In closing, I would like to extend a commitment your way! Will you commit to inviting any Laurel to young single adult to write me, your super-studly missionary?
The gospel's TRUE!
Love you,
elder tay
(transcribed and slightly edited by mom)


No comments:
Post a Comment