I had an AMAZING Christmas and holiday season! I received more candy than I could ever eat and a whole pantload of cards. I'm still in the process of replying to everyone's holiday greetings but I will have that all done and over with shortly. I've used all my gift cards with the utmost gratitude and happiness and my new tie is sexier than anyone else's. I can rock pink harder than any fella in the whole mish.
Well I've moved to a new area officially now. It's all of three miles away from my old area; from Meridian West to Meridian South. We cover 5 wards and I live with the M's in the Hunter ward - which, I've gathered, is the best of the wards we cover. I still haven't met the M. family - which I've also gathered is an uncommon experience. I'm in an apartment above their garage, an entirely separate building from their HUGE house. I guess I'm in a wealthier area, where members' New Year's resolutions are "make two million this year instead of the one million last year". The members I've met so far are all really cool and they make a special effort NOT to take care of us, but to spoil us rotten, the S's in the Hunter ward - the family in the area who's adopted the missionaries as their own kids - especially. It's an ENORMOUS blessing. For instance, the other day I called up Mama Staley and I asked her where she gets her dry cleaning done. She then tells me, without any request on my part, she'll be over in a few minutes to pick up whatever I need cleaned. I responded with a huge, resounding "sweeeet". Papa S runs a credit card processing business. They've got 6 kids - Austin, Sierra, Brooklyn, Bronson, Ashton, and Savannah. I was told Savannah has a crush on me, which I'd be absolutely fine with if I was 17 years younger. I think Kadi and Sierra would get along well. I thought she was 16 but she's only 13. Austin's a freaking super stud. I think he just turned 18, he's a senior, he's more ready for the mission than I think I am now, he drives a Jeep, he plays the guitar and he sings like an angel - reminds me a lot of Gavin Anderson. He's gotta be the sexiest kid in the whole Northwest... Ladies' man, man's man, man about town.
My new companion is Elder Cronin. Cronin the Barbarian. Cronads. Yeah. He's pretty cool. He's from Missippi (NOT Mississippi. When he says it, there is a definitive lack of the second sylable) and he's been out only 6 weeks longer than I have. He's super chill and laid back. I still have not met many members in the area, which I'm hoping to change up this week. I'm still in a bike area but we get rides more often than not - another side effect of being spoiled, I think.
Sorry this is kinda short, and not very big around, but there will be more to come shortly!
Love!
elder tay
No comments:
Post a Comment