Monday, April 23, 2012

The Lone Wolf

So I went to pharmacy at Walmart and the pharmacist said she needs the phone number or something... Could you just send it? I've got enough to last me a week or so - I'll be fine until gets here. Thank you!
It was nice to talk to you yesterday! And dad and Eric. I think about everyone a lot. I think about you and dad and there are so many things I see every day that remind me of you two. It makes me so grateful to have you as parents. I see so many other people so often who have or have had bad parents and I see parenting is the foundation for your entire life. I think of Dallin and tell folks about him whenever I see anyone related to the military. Whenever I see servicemen I'll go up and shake their hand and thank them for there service. I really, really, really admire Dallin for his decision to serve our country and I'm even more proud of him. I think about Kadi a lot too... and what's even better, while all the laurels and college-age chics in the ward are checking out my companion, I'm being eyed by all the beehives and some of the miamaids. Duuuuude I LOVE 12-year olds! Elder B won't let me live it down! I'm so excited to go prison! I've been thinking about it and maybe when I get back, I'll take advantage of my good looks and claim to be 17 and hit up high school dances and church youth activities and maybe even date Kadi's friends. She could tell them I'm her cousin visiting from New York or Maine or somewhere exotic and less gay than a state in the west. So long as I don't carry my ID on me, I'll be fine! Yaaay....... It SUCKS.
So the area I'm now is pretty cool. We're on bikes still and that's fine with exception of the dual tire blowout that happened yesterday. We'd locked up our bikes for an appointment and when we came back out, both of our back tires were hosed. Those will be fixed soon. There's a good handful of good members and still a pantload of work to be done. We're still fed every night and rides are available whenever we need them. The end of the transfer is coming up and we'll get transfer calls this Friday. I'm hoping Elder B and I will stay in this area but I'm not setting my heart on anything. I'd still be ok with whatever. I'm going to ask president to consider me for either a leadership position and/or banishment to McCall or Oregon somewhere. I love the Boise/Meridian area and I'd gladly stay here but maybe some new scenery would be nice. I'd like to at least be senior companion this next transfer if I don't stay with Budweiser.
We're living in the Fairview Crossing apartment complex near the corner of Milwaukee and Fairview with Elder L and D. Our apartment is two miles out of our area, which sucks but that oughta change this week sometime. There's some old folks - in the stake but not in our area - who have volunteered their basement for the use of the mercenaries and that'll be ready on Thursday I think. Our area starts on Fivemile (roads running parallel and perpendicular every mile here are the basis to the street system in Idaho - which is super JACKED UP! Whoever designed the roads in Idaho was an idiot. It's like someone hucked on a map and decided that's where things would be. Subdivisions are full of gay and there's no rhyme or reason to any roads here. They begin and end and start again somewhere else in every different direction whenever the heck they feel like it. The only consistency are the mainroads which are each exactly a mile from each other. Longitudinal roads that we worry about in this area, from East to West, are Milwaukee, Maplegrove, Fivemile, Cloverdale, and Eagle. Latitudinal roads, perpendicular from the roads listed prior, from North to South, are Mcmillan, Ustick, Fairview, and Franklin. Everyone identifies themselves according to the nearest main crossroads... I miss Utah roads...) so the extra four miles a day is tedious but keeps the waistline slim.
I've resolved when I get home, I'm gonna get a Jeep Wrangler from between 1991 and 1999 with a manual transmission. I want to be a paramedic and I still don't know where I want to go to school. I'd like to go to BYU-Idaho but I don't want to get married super soon either, not because I'm afraid of marriage (I'm SUPER stoked!) but I do want to set up some foundation before I do - like a job and some cash and a plan. I'd also like to roam the land near and far as a lone wolf and pork-eating crusader, slayin' foes and winnin' does, beating bad guys and kissing girls, drinking up and throwing down.
The mission has been the BEST thing I could have ever done. I'm kept busy, I'm helping others, I'm building my relationship with God and learning and growing in the Gospel, I'm learning important skills need for getting along with others and living on my own - even though I'm gonna live with my parents, playing video games and eating junk food until I'm 42 - I'm deciding what I'll be doing with the rest of my life, I'm getting RIPPED, I'm discovering who I am and why I'm here, I'm growing more and more confident with myself... It's amazazing!
-tay

No comments:

Post a Comment