Yeah life is good... (edited by mom) I'll just endure. I'm hanging in there.
New this last week? All of our Ammon Tractin' efforts
have begun to pay off! We've picked up 3 maybe 4 new investigators over the
past week or two. One of them, XX, was baptized and sealed to her family when she was 9. Shortly
after that her parents split. Her dad stayed strong in the church but her mom
tanked and joined some anti-Mormon Baptist garbage church and yanked her own
and all of kids records from the church.
XX was inactive for 30something years and over the
past year or so, she almost died or something crazy like that, and it's driven
her to "find Jesus". She decided she wants to come back to church,
and so she has. Come to find out though she needs to be re-baptized! This past
week we taught her all the 5 lessons. It was cool. She oughta go swimming
either this weekend or the next.
We've got another two investigators who I have found to
be very interesting... YY and ZZ are in the late 40's and, similar to XX, they've had some CRAZY occurrences happen to them over the past year and
they too want to "find Jesus". YY is a child of record and was
blessed when she was a baby but never was baptized. ZZ was raised
Presbyterian. What's interesting about it is they believe everything we teach
them. No questions asked. I'm used to arguing and proving and being resisted when
we teach nonmembers but YY and ZZ are the humble folks you only wish to
find. They say "it just feels right". They've come to church the past
3 weeks and they want to be baptized! They love their Camel and Starbucks and
we haven't touched the Word of Wisdom lesson yet... We'll see how that goes.
They're really good folks though.
The weather has changed a little, too. No snow yet but
there's been LOTS of rain. They say this winter is going to be especially cold
and wet because last winter was child's play and this past summer was unusually
hot and dry. It's already getting to be pretty cold. I'm complaining too much
because it gives me a good excuse to wear my sexy jacket.
Well the weight gain is up again! I only put on 5 pounds
since I've been here but that puts the overall increase to 30 lbs. I entered
the MTC at 135 lbs and now I'm at 165... Pass the Twinkies! Dahahaha...
No comments:
Post a Comment