Hello All -
In reference to the unedited church history, Taylor had
asked for information on the early church that gives the details, both good and
bad. He is interested in the whole story and not just what the anti-mormons put
out there and the church's current "sanitized" history. I've
recommended the recently published Joseph Smith history books as they contain a
more comprehensive accounting of the early years. Let me know if you have other
recommendations (that are historically based).
Thank you for keeping him in your prayers!
Julianne
-----Original Message-----
From: Taylor Ehlers [mailto:taylor.ehlers@myldsmail.net]
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2012 12:26 PM
Subject: Re: Dont' torture yourself, Gomez. That's my
job.
It's good to hear Dallin is getting along with everyone.
He's been getting along well with Kadi too? That's way cool. I'm super excited
to get back and hang out with them. I really miss them. Do you remember when I
had a similar transformation like Dallin? I remember noticing after I moved to
Cedar, everything with Dallin and Kadi and myself changed. We weren't trying to
constantly kill each other but we got along pretty good. I even remember Dallin
and Kadi getting along better after I left and then when I came back. I was
really grateful for the relationship we had and I look forward to tearing it up
with them when I get back!
Hmmmm I'm glad Kadi is doing well. Lou sounds like a good
fella. I'm glad he's got some level of maturity and can "handle" his
girlfriend's parents. That was something I always prided myself in being able
to do. I was always really good with my woman's folks. So I'm relieved Lou
isn't a punk like that. I'm also glad Kadi's with a dude who respects her.
Dahahaha yeaaah that's what I was thinking... I'll aim
for the older girls... But then again I've always really liked older gals so I
guess not much has changed! Do you know if the singles' ward in Vernal is any
good though? The one I was in when I lived in Cedar was kinda lame... And I'm
proud of Dallin for gettin' the girls! Is there any particular chic he's
serious about right now? Or is he playing the field?
As for temple pants, I need entirely new ones. The ones I
brought with me shrunk IMMENSELY! And so did a lot of my G's, and jeans, and
tshirts, and white shirts. I don't know how it happens! Waists on pants and
collars on shirts I've had for years are starting to SHRINK!
It's the weirdest thing... But I KNOW that all the weight
I've gained has absolutely nothing to do with it too! NOT TO MENTION the great
HOSTESS ship is beginning to sink! No more twinkies! No more HoHos!
What will we do??? You know Armageddon is imminent when
cream-filled cupcakes go extinct...
I agree with your opinion on not being a fan of
pretending mistakes weren't made in an effort to keep them hidden. Joseph Smith
and Brigham Young, though ordained in the pre-existence to lead in the last
dispensation, were still men, born into a imperfect and sinful nature, as by
the fall of Adam, and still made mistakes. It's important to acknowledge faults
and mistakes so we can better ourselves and improve our future. The whole
"see no evil, speak no evil, hear no evil" mentality is evil in and
of itself and will lead to destruction. I would be interested in finding church
material that hasn't been "edited". Knowledge is power, baby!
I'm gonna have to write Karina and tell her she sucks
because she didn't tell me herself about her call. I appreciate the update!
When is Danielle leaving? I'll have to write her too and tell her I'm proud of
her... So pretty soon there will be three cousins - though I'm the only common
denominator - on missions. That is super sick.
OH! ASK GRAMMA IF SHE KNOWS "ARVID BLACK".
There's a good chance I may be related to the people I'm living with! Mama and
Papa Austin have a daughter-in-law who's maiden name is Black and she's from
Blanding.
Her dad's name is Arvid or Arvin or something like that.
Small world!
And last night I finished reading the Book of Mormon for
the third time on my mission... and it's still true. I LOVE it.
Well mom I gotta be going now. Thank you again SO much
for everything you do. If I had a boat or plane or spaceship, I would name it,
"The Julianne". I love you!
Sincerely,
Elder Tay
No comments:
Post a Comment