Thursday, December 20, 2012

Getting Ready for the Holidays



"I want a party! I want a cookie! I want to stay up! I want I want I want me me me my my my now now now now....my child, your parents read you bedtime stories to shut you up." (from the movie Hook)

Maaaaan...I really miss Christmas Eve watching either Home Alone, Hook, or Scrooged in new jammies - which I got in your Christmas package yesterday.
THANK YOU!

I am doing quite well, actually! Elder Ady and I are kept extremely busy, too. Life is pretty good. This past week we received a pantload of referrals, both believers and infidels, and we've been riding hard to contact everyone. Winter is FINALLY here and it has already rained and snowed a little bit, complete with frigid cold temperatures. I keep warm and somewhat comfortable though. I wear wool socks, gloves, ear muffs, and layer on another jacket and that takes pretty good care of me. The bike I road for the first 14 months finally bit the dust and so Ady had another bike that was left by the missionary I replaced. It works very nicely.

Elder Ady is a STUD! I really think he's the best companion I've had in this mission. I feel we work exceptionally well together. He keeps me going and staying on track and I help him when it comes to meeting folks and knocking on doors. He's helped me improve so, so much in the past couple of weeks. I can't speak any higher of him.

And I received the Christmas box and it was perfect! I also got the envelope with the stickers and stamps and Eric's letter....I sure do miss that kid. I look forward to getting home and taking him to the gas station for a cold one. And what's the mailing address for his school? I'm getting ready to return his Flat Stanley and I'd like him to get it at school like I did when I sent mine to Jackie. It was the COOLEST thing when I got it in school and got to show it off in class.
I think Eric might also enjoy something like that.

Christmas cards are gonna be a little late this year. I was all ready to send them a couple of weeks ago but then when I went to Walgreen's to print them off, they were super expensive so I put it off until the next week when we could go to Walmart. And then the photo shop was swamped and I couldn't pick them up the same day...lame. They'll be late but they will eventually get there.

1 comment:

  1. Love reading your letters. Elder Ady isn't the only stud in your companionship. I love how you are always upbeat and positive. Miss you and love you lots.

    ReplyDelete