Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Love My Mom Most

Hmm where to begin? First and foremost, there are too many blessings out here to know what to do with them all. I'm most grateful but I don't feel I can thank God enough for all the things he's done out here. His hand is in EVERYTHING and it's a beauty. We've got two aligators set up for baptisms this weekend - Toni B. and Sheila S..
 
Toni is the 5th great grandaughter of Porter Rockwell. It's amazing to think about all the people he helped when he was alive, but to still be bringing people to the gospel even after he's dead?! What a guy! Toni's done extensive research on her grandad and it's founded her faith in the Gospel. She's amazed at this man who dedicated his existance to the Gospel and it inspired her to check it out. My companion has been with her from the beginning of her investigation so their relationship has a bit more depth to it but she says I've helped her more than I know. She's glad I'm with Elder Olivas now instead of his last companion because I guess his last companion was a great big ween.
 
Sheila's been an aligator of the church for a couple of years now but she couldn't be baptized before because she had a smoking addiction. I'll tell you what I have NEVER seen a faith and testimony like hers! She's not even a member and she has invited more people and made a bigger impact in the world than I have in my whole life. She's the sweetest little old lady and loves to have company - especially us because we're Missionators - and she's got a son in prison who's a super-believer (and I guess he has a degree as a minister or something...? anyway he's a big fan of God) and he loves the Book of Mormon and all other Mormon materials. Using what he's got - the BoM, a Gospel Principles book, and PMG coming soon - he's got a ministry of sorts going in the prison. He studies the books and then teaches another 12 inmates... and that number gets bigger every other time we talk to Sheila. Anyway she's finally given up smoking - with the help of the Church's Addiction Recovery Manual, which is a BEAUTIFUL thing - and she's getting dunked this weekend!
 
Well I've gotta cut this one short because the computer's telling me it'll self-destruct here in 4 minutes or so BUT I'll be havin' another letter in SOON.
 
Love you!
But I love my mom even more!
 
Elder Tay

No comments:

Post a Comment