Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Butt Meets Bike

The box I sent was stuff that I didn't need out here and it was taking up too much space. The pants and the razor are MINE and, if you would please, add that to my crap under the stairs. Yes I'll sell Dallin my stereo for $50. If he wants the speakers then throw those in for another $30 or so. Add that and the money from my car to the mission fund. 

Please pass along my regards to Dad. I am so grateful we could get that much out of it! Freakin' I love Brady too and he'll love that car.


I'm glad everything's working out with the new job! I'm so excited to see pictures of everything. I'm glad that the family can all be together and get the support we need, for dad and for you. It'll be really good for the kids and for gramma, I assume. 


I'm glad Kadi had such a good time! I take it the U was good then? It's so cool she can get to know the Spirit and such. The Godhead are most certainly good guys to know! I like 'em. They lead me, guide me, walk next to me and that's been a real testimony builder, just how the Big Man works with His Spirit and the Atonement. 


It's truly a blessing how well Eric's turned out. I think about that a lot also... God loves us. That's fer danm sure. (Ha! See what I did? I switched the letters around so I didn't swear! I'm getting good at that...) How's Moose doing? What's the latest there? What's the deal with his oxygen? Keep me updated... I'm praying for the kid.


Remind Dallin to not be a WEEN and write me! I'd write more but the only time I have for writing, with and without email, is pday which is every Tuesday. So don't any of you guys think I've forgotten about you! Rest assured I'll do it... Tomorrow.


Now the spotlight's on ME! First, in regards to your questions, I am on a bike. It belonged to missionary once upon a time and one of our ward mission leaders creatively acquired it, fixed it up, and loaned it to me. I told him I'd like to buy it and he said he'd love to sell it to me. We agreed on $120 which is an exceptional deal. It's a high-quality bike and getting it new, I think, he said it was $500. So, needless to say, victory is mine!


Holy BALLS am I getting into shape! I try to exercise in the morning but with how often I'm already on the bike I'm really doing well! We don't live in our area at the moment and so we have to ride halfway across Idaho to get to our area in the first place, and then we ride around everywhere anyway. The first day on the bike, it wasn't so bad. The second day, after my rear had time to bruise, it hurt something fierce! My backside still hurts a little, but now it is bearable.


The majority of the people we teach are referrals from other members. We've got some less active people and we contact people on the street every day. We find success in that about 1 outta every 10 people. I've really learned a lot about the spirit too. It's not that I didn't have faith in Him, it's that I didn't know how he worked or exactly what he was capable of. That's been a real testimony-builder. 


But anyway life is good. The Gospel is true. I love Boise a whole pantload. The members do an incredible job at taking care of us. My companion is the bomb! He's from a small town in California and he converted from Catholicism. He's super obedient and the Spirit strives with him. He's super chill also and very humble. I love this guy, Elder Olivas, and I am blessed to be his companion.


Pass my love on to everyone and we'll get back to you soon!

love you!

tay

No comments:

Post a Comment