Wednesday, July 6, 2011

First Letter

07.03.11         
           Here it is! Letter number ONE! At last! To put the common concern at rest, I am very well, yes, very well indeed.
            HOLY BALLS! I am so happy hear about Dad’s job offer! I absolutely agree when you talk about it being a blessing and an answer to prayers. I am sincerely grateful. It’ll be good for everyone. Dad’ll get the support he needs in doing what he loves. Mom now has more things to do and place to go. Kadi can make new friends and think about considering debating whether or not she might be able to contemplate dating a variety of different boys. Eric and Spencer will have more available to them. Gramma can work at the temple and play the organ and be in a ward with six other Ehlers. And Dallin … can get a job at McDonald’s?
         Have you looked into schools? Where is Vernal relative to other cities? Anyway I’m excited to see and hear more about it all and writing to a new address will be fun, too.
4th of July Care Package from Amy
         Freakin’ the MTC is great. I’m still trying to adjust and I figure that’ll just come with more time. I received all the stuff I’ve been sent and I thank you! Mom, brownies were wonderful. Mi familia, I loved the package of pictures and letters. Amy and Bryan, happy 4th of July!
            I miss everyone so much. I miss Karina and her cute face and I miss Brick as well. I’ve been thinking a lot about Bryson, Brick and Colin a lot since I’m at the MTC. So many things Dad’s told me over the years about the mission are making more sense now. I’m meeting lots of new things and doing lots of new people! Buena vida. And I miss my crew at Diablo.
            Anyway, my district has become like my family. I love them all because I have to. I like most of them. I can’t stand the rest. It takes nearly everything in me not to come apart. Take for example, my companion. Sometimes I wish a was completely deaf.
            Regardless, though, my gratitude with God, I am patient and courteous and encouraging and understanding. He has taught me quite a bit, directly and indirectly.
          Then there is my district leader, Elder Ofe (O-fee). He’s from Ghana, he’s got this freakin’ nice accent, and he’s BLACK! So cool … but, in all sincerity, I would follow him to the end of the earth. He’s got this faith and testimony and light of Christ like I’ve never seen before! He wields the Holy Ghost like a great big stick used for beating people. His spirit and humility are among the most Christlike  I’ve ever seen. I feel privileged to be under his leadership.
            Well, this concludes this letter. I’ll be getting back to you soon when I can get some more spare time, as it is quite scarce here.
            But I love you guys! The gospel’s true. Life is good.
            May the faith be with you …



Love, Tay

 (Handwritten letter from Tay transcribed and edited by Julianne)

No comments:

Post a Comment